Friday 5 June 2009

Green Curry

::Note:This post started about a month ago right after my musculoskeletal exam,but is only published now.::

I finally cooked a proper dinner!!!heck.I finally COOKED!!After weeks and weeks of not cooking due to the intention of saving time so that I could study, I cooked. And today, I made a dish that I've never cooked before. My FIRST ATTEMPT
in GREEN CURRY!*smiling widely*

So here's bits and pieces of the steps =) Unfortunately,the green curry paste wasn't made from scratch.. =/

Angel's not-so-perfect-attempt of green curry,guys.

Simple curry=simple ingredients used. The leafy cabbage isn't used often for curry.But these were all I had =P
The green curry paste I used "Mae Pranom Brand",bought in Bangkok when was there.There was another brand my mum used which was better than this though.Still,it wasnt bad at all =)

Don't forget the coconut cream!A must.It's not like other curry whereby u can actually opt not to use the coconut milk.

And of course the chillies!!!!The more chillies,the spicier, the better!green chillies,red chillies,chilli
padi,round chillies.Your choice. You can either pound or blend them. I pound. That's how the pestle and mortar here looks like.Mine's a smaller version. I think there are others that's smaller.

Heat ur pan,then put in abit of the coconut cream and add the green curry paste. Stir fry until you can see like there's oil comin out and u can start smellin the aroma frm the herbs of the paste. After that,just put in the meat. It can be chicken or mutton or beef or prawns,u name it!It's up to u!

I did a mistake though..hehe Put too much of coconut cream and milk earlier on so I had to take out to stir fry the chicken,worried that the coconut milk will b bad if it's too long in the heat.

Add the rest of the coconut milk and let the whole thing to boil. When it starts boiling,add your choice of greens and beans. I chose the "purple",leafy and the "orange". =) Continue to let it boil. Add salt to your liking. You can also add a lil bit of belacan to ur liking =)
And it's done!ready to be tasted!


Finally,served in a bowl.Ate it wif a plate of HOT steamed rice.Mmm...curry was a lil bit more watery than it should be though.. =S But still tasted not bad at all,considerin the 1st time.giving excuses fr myself..haha it would tast so much better too if I added much much more chillies..Chilli freak! Had losta leftovers too.But I do reckon that the leftovers tasted nicer than the 1st one. =P
Alritey than....Presentation = 2/5
Taste = 3/5

Umm...what othr criteria are there?heheh cant recall...shud ask sum2 later..

buhbye~hugs!

No comments: