Tuesday 16 June 2009

Genital Stage

As I read my notes on "Psychosexual Development",cant help but say this.

Six stages in the human psychosexual development:
--> Oral Stage
--> Anal Stage
-->Urethral Stage
--> Phallic Stage
-->Latency Stage
-->Genital Stage

So these are the stages any human will go through from birth till he/she reaches adulthood.

Now in the Genital Stage-From when puberty starts till I reach young adulthood. I AM a young adult. :S


Genital Stage- The physiological maturation of systems of genital(sexual) functioning and attendant hormonal systems leads to and intensification of drives, particularly libidinal drives. This stage produces a REGRESSION in personality organization,which REOPENS CONFLICTS of the stages before it and provides OPPORTUNITY for a RERESOLUTION of these conflicts,to enable a person to achieve a MATURE sexual and ADULT identity. The objective of this stage: ULTIMATE separation from dependance on and attachment to the parents and the establishment of MATURE,NONINCESTUOUS object relations.


This kept me thinking...means that all those attitude and problems I have,which are not solved yet,I still have time to change and solve it NOW!It's not too late!


Relationships with family and people around me..I can make them better,and have the courage to just open up and not just bury them all inside me till they're all buried so deep and I cant cover them anymore. I gotta go thru this stage without any fixation....."To achieve a mature sense of personal identity and acceptance and the integration of sets of new adult roles and functions".


No wonder I cant keep everything inside and just take it in...It's changing me..not in a positive manner. I need resolution of all fixations.

No comments: