Thursday 14 January 2010

Pre-Christmas Dinner

A christmas dinner before christmas!5 dys before Christmas,a few juniors from uni invited me and other Christians studying in Udayana for a lil' get-together-christmas-dinner at Baker's Corner,a cafe/bakery,quite well-known if I do say so myself.Though I was a lil bit skeptical of going since we weren't really close,but put that aside,went for it with a positive attitude. =/


With only 10minutes drive from my place,we finally reached.Opened the door and my eyes automatically saw the fake snowman and all I could hear in my mind was "take photo,take photo!!".So I did. =)
And here's some of their collection of cake designs.Seeing them made me felt like I wouldn't even eat them!

Angels and Mermaids (I don't quite get why these angels were hangin out wif the mermaid)

Naked Hunk (This would be good for the single men out there don't ya think?Or maybe if u wanted to hint to the birthday boy that he needs to shower) =P

I love those mini santa claus and pressies in this one!

Instead of the conventional birthday cake,how 'bout birthday cupcakes??Cute eh?

My friends and I were the early ones.We waited,the main "organiser" came.We waited again,2 came.We waited somemore,after almost a lil bit after an hour,everyone was there.FINALLY.Last ones were the youngest juniors,we waited for them before we ordered,but they didnt wanna eat there at all!like wth,right??Anyway.........annoyance aside.....

The menu.
Baker's Corner serves Asian,Western and Italian dishes. They even have Hainanese Chicken Rice!

See that?The roasted tenderloin?That's what I ordered.Rp75k!I was in a "christmassy" mood.I wanted something "chrismassy".More like an excuse to try the tenderloin without being made guilty about the price.

My meal.When it was served,I like the way it looked.The portion wasn't pathetic at all.I wasn't disappointed with the portion size.Mashed potatoes shaped somewhat like a cone then deep fried,added alongside it were steamed mixed vegetables of french beans,carrots and mushrooms.And of course,the tenderloin.Cut into 5 moderately sized pieces,roasted at my choice,medium rare.All these were showered with my choice of black pepper sauce,instead of the mushroom sauce.The Verdict?It wasn't heavenly till I could be on cloud nine,but I didnt hate it too.It wasn't all the way juicy,but it wasn't tough too.The taste was just right.On a scale of 0-5,I rated it an overall 3.5.Appearance:not dissappointing,simple,looked tasty.Taste:Right amount of taste,not too salty,meat was marinated quite well,though I'd prefer the sauce to be a lil bit more spicy.

Elisa ordered this,thin-crust Seafood Pizza. It was good.Amount of topping weren't "stingy" =) I ordered the drink below,I can't quite recall what it was..I think it was a blueberry smoothie?I know it was not a strawberry smoothie.Well,basically,a smoothie.It looked really really thick and yummy.One sip and bleh!Not sweet enough and I couldnt really taste the fruit it was used.That much I remember. After adding sugar syrup,it was much better.


Mei Yee ordered a dish Baker's Corner named Hokkien KuehTiaw,if I'm not mistaken.Served in a big bowl,it was definitely tasty and nice!Don't mind tryin it again if it weren't for the price..hehehe...

A senior a year before my batch,Krystle,she ordered "Grilled Salmon",served with what you can see from the pic above.Three words about the salmon:Fresh,Sweet,Thick. =))

In the midst of dinner,we chatted about classes,which church who goes to,where we're gonna be and do during Christmas,blablabla....I think I chatted wif my senior more than the juniors,well mayb js 2-3 juniors.The youngest batch were quiet,and it was awkward for me to talk with them,honestly I don't know why. =.="" Then we took photos,each had to wear this headband,I bought in a mall.It had reindeer horns on it and a mini bell at the end of the horns.EVeryone had to use it,even the boys.It was cute. =) After all the talkin and eatin,finally it ended.As usual,took pic :)

All who were at the dinner(minus)2 of our youngest juniors.They had to go meet their friends 'cause they had other plans.Go figure =P Anyway.......Nice pic,yea?

Chaoz~ =)

3 comments:

Ravepotato said...

Guess I'll always be skeptical when it comes to Baker's Corner...tried their cakes once and I must say...they didn't quite fit the price tag...

Maybe I should give it another chance?

~anGeL~ said...

which cake did u try?not all their cakes r bad..bt the price is definitely a lil bit too much..try it once in a very long while..not often.hehe

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) take a look this emo boy one over this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info