Friday 20 November 2009

August Sem Break: Original Carwash and more!

Pending entry #4.....I think some of you are gonna bash my head up for this pending entries... =P Events long gone...But still gonna post 'bout it..Be patient with me,kay?Since I've been busy and LAZY in updating my blog,I shall repay some justice here..As much as I'm awake right now,because of this cuppa joe I'm indulging this very moment and had slept the entire day,I'd better post up my pending entries.So a few more post are gonna come right after this. So here goes...the little events back home(yay to Kuching!!!!) that I can recall during my last sem break.. =)

This is "The Carwash",owned by one of Tiing Phek King's sons.Went there for lunch with my parents one random day.This has been sort of our fav place to dine when I'm back home in Kuching,well,at least for me,it is. I'm kinda surprised that many do not know this place,'cause I always thought it was rather a famous place,considering it serves rather delish main courses with it's "giant" plates of desserts. My fav dishes so far here is the ever-so-thick-mango juice,Pineapple Rice(unless they serve it with peanuts instead of cashew nuts =S ) and the somethingsomething lamb dish( cant recall the name,sorry). I'm not sure of the quality of the food currently,but as far as I'm concerned,it's been good every time I dine there. I think what attracted me there in the first place was the deco.I love their idea of using their goods,ingredients,utensils and so forth as part of their deco in it. Most of all I love antiques.Call me bias for loving this place but I think their deco of antique barber chairs and telephones kinda gave me away. I wish they had more antiques there though. Dishes served are both Asian and Western cuisine.,and a lilttle bit of Italian.Prices here are little bit on the uphill but the single portion is enough for 2-3 persons,so that makes it much much more affordable! =) SHall stop typing.It's time for the pichas!


What's outside.You can actually just spot it from the main road. Just like what it says, "The Original Carwash"


Not so sure which era this is from.I'm guessing 70-80's?? Dentist chair right at the entrance. It's a place to hang umbrellas during raining days too.


Menu and motto. Hopefully the customers agree on that too.


What's inside. Plates,bowls and bottles of sauces were among the decorations used. Love the antiques typewriter too!I didn't appreciate them showing what type of cheap canned foods and cooking oil they used in their dishes though.BIG NO-NO from me.


Pineapple rice.I've always liked it,but was totally annoyed that day when they used peanuts in it instead of the usual cashew nuts.

Mum ordered Thai Salad.Not my personal favourite choice but I guess it wasn't all that bad.


I had no idea why my dad wanted Fish&Chips here among the many dishes..but wth,It was good too. Fish?good.Chips?big and good.Sauce?good. =)


When you're done eating and you need to go to the loo,on your way there,you'll see this.This cute yellow mini "car"


And this.Barber chairs.Or for their workers to be lazy on =.=""


And this too.Wooden dressing table with what it looks like "ancient" handphones. Wouldn't want to be seen using them right now,would you? :)


And finally,you're in the washroom!Nothing very interesting.It's just a toilet anyway. But I what I don't get is the design of the washroom. Running "river" with transparent glass windows??Supposedly it helps in relaxing your bladder sphincter when u hear the sound of flowing water I guess.


I know.I can't help it.

Don't think this ferrari was part of the deco. Came here a week later and it was gone.


And now you know.WHy carwash?This is why.A two-in-one concept.It's not only a carwash.It's also a restaurant,aight. Get a carwash while you dine if you wish to. Or either one of them. Your wish =)

So for those of you back in Kuching,not sure where this is??Hint: Lot 211-214, Rubber Road,93400,Kuching, Sarawak.Do try this place!Let me knw how it was for u,aite. :)


After lunch,on the way back,I met with The Pharaoh. He was outside guarding a policeman's home. Was surprised to see this. Who would have thought of putting him outside his house.So random and utterly odd.If the owner of this house is reading this,no offense.

August sem break was highlighted by this. Thanks to Herman Jana Mulok!Thanks for informing me bout this herman.Not like he's reading this.but still,thanks herman! Destiny Conference 2009 was awesome.A real eye opener that in Kuching,there are still many who are on fire for Christ and want to make a difference in Kuching. When all these while I thought most Kuchingites only wanted to be known in church for their works,skills and what not.Not for their love in Christ Jesus and having the passion to serve Him and only Him. Attended Destiny without any friends frm my church,instead with friends I've never met,except for Kelvin Yii,who I don't usually talked with often but was ever helpful in giving a ride to and fro for the conference.in BCCK.Thanks Kelvin! Had great food served,met a few great people and most amazingly great sharing!!Speakers were Kevin Loo from City Harvest KL,Dr. Shan Ong,a paediatrician frm Australia, Bro. Kester Tay of EBC(i think!) and Andrew Yeo from Generations Band Singapore.


Ps.Kevin Loo.He even "taught" us in managing our finance! ;P

Pichas before the night session. Met Herman's juniors in Uni.From the left:Annastacia,Pauline. And Lydia at the far right,met her through Kelvin!Lovely,lovely people =)

Jon Chong performing one of his songs during the night session. Use your talents and gifts for God.Glorify His name and not for self pride. =)


And what's a holiday without meeting the BFF?!?!Had a night out with them at.......Carwash again. =P Couldnt think of anywhere else to go.So there,the same pineapple rice,this time with cashew nuts!Taste much better with them =)

TomYam Soup.I reckon it was rather good.At least better than those I've tasted in other restaurants in Kuching before. But I think my mum's TomYam is much much more yummy!hehhe

Thai Green Curry.All I can say is...NICE!!



The BFFs!!!EL,GRACE,CAROL!!!!!Miss u guys!Too bad the others couldnt join us since they weren't in Kuching. =S I seriously can't foresee a time where ALL of us could meet up at once!And that,my friends,sucks.PERIOD.

And finally,early Sept came,and it was time to head back to the island. The holiday has ended.Goodbye my room,Goddbye my tele,Goodbye car....And Hello lectures,Hello books,Hello Bali..Came back to Bali by Airasia and apparently Tony Fernandez's crew thought of this to lighten the atmosphere during flight. =.=" In-flight games.Actually,one game. Three volunteers were called.More like three forced volunteers were picked out to demonstrate the safety procedures given previously by the cabin crew.


The guy in white,from the Middle East and an Aussie guy,in brown with the khaki shorts.And Mr. Obama,tht's what he wants to be known as,sitting on the right.



Shots of the new "cabin crew" giving the demo. I think this guy did a rather good job. However,one of the stewardess told that Mr.Obama did the demo wrong,he had the life jacket the wrong way. At first,I really thought it was lame but it actually did change the atmosphere from the usual boring quiet flying hours.

And it was time.I landed in Bali.Bittersweet feelings.

Oh well,2 weeks later,I was back in Kuching during for the Raya Holidays!

muahahahhahhaaha............... =))))))

No comments: