Thursday 9 July 2009

Angel&Stitch(Lilo has been kicked out!)

A snippet of what I did the past two days for class..............

THIS!!


"Stitch"

And what do u think I'm using this banana for??


yes yes,title's angel&stitch...so obviously it has something to do wif me and Stitch.I'm stitching smth..duh. And the pic above is my "guinea pig",Stitch.

Started our Basic Clinical Skills classes on monday,and my group started with suturing..What's suturing u say?It's just stitching up any wound in the body..Tailors Sew,Doctors Suture =) We had a lecture and suture demonstration on our 1st class on Monday. And in about 7 hrs,we're gonna have our exam on suturing.I love suturing!I actually cant wait doing sutures on real life patients!*wink*


Instruments I used to practice stitching.Didnt buy the "Hecting Set" cause the full set will b prepared during the exam and I only needed this to practice simple sutures. The scissor-like instrument is a "needle-holder" and the one on it's right is a "Fungsional Forcep". Blue packet contained a non-absorbable thread and a curved needle,both sterile. We practiced on a wounded mannequin hand.Couldnt flick it bck home so had to find other materials to practice on. My friends practiced on this type of sponge,not d usual sponge,but a harder sponge. I didnt get d sponge.Opted for a banana instead,js for fun. They even use banana in "Grey's Anatomy".

See the curved needle?That's one type of many various curved needle.Yeap!that's the one that's gonna pierce through ur skin and flesh......Afraid???Disgusted when u're imagining it this very moment???Can u feel the pain as it pierce thru ur bleeding flesh???*OUCH!!!!*


No worries..U're gonna be injected with a local anaesthesia beforehand.No pain... =)


My last practice on Stitch

My last attempt of practising doing suturing.This is a very bad example of a suture.Why?First,cause the thread I used was a sewing thread cause my suture thread finished.That's why the "wound" couldnt close.Second,I jus did this for d sake of takin d pic fr d blog.I've forgotten to take pics of previous ones I did which was way better. Hence,the not so neat sutures.

Suture evaluation is in less than 7 hours.Wish me luck,guys!praying to do well...And I'll do well.Amen! =)

*Hugshugs*

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!! wen i saw that curved needle i was like WTF!! that's what those crazy doctors used to suture their patients? LOL.. i thought that they use straight needle (aren't ALL needles straight?)

~anGeL~ said...

hahaha..well,the one I used is just one of the various types of needles,babe..hehehe There are some which are curved,J-shaped and even straight needles.And needles with different sizes.We gotta choose which kinda needle to use according to the size and depth of the wound,the location of the wound,whether its a sound on your skin or a cut in your intestine,etc.For example,if its a small wound,we wouldnt choose a huge ass curved needle. =)

It sucks right wen u're imagining it?hehe
Bawa bertenang grace,tenang..heheh and we do inject a local anaesthetia so u wont feel a thing or mayb jus a tad bit painful..hehe ;P

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't ever want to stitch someone up. Just buttons and maybe clothes :p Don't stitch the banana cos it reminds me of some kind of voodoo ahH! Horror movies :/

~anGeL~ said...

"Stitch" reminds u of a voodoo act?well at least,its not a real voodoo doll.now that's scary.haha There are also others who practice suturing on grapes and oranges skin too!jus for laughs.hehe

Raen said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

~anGeL~ said...

raenai!!hehehe..y u eeeeee...??dn imagine too much k?heheits nt like i'm puttin up real life suturing process..hehe if i did,surely u feel damn geli...hehehe tht's whn u'll eeeeeee.....hehehe miss u!!!!

.pRisSs@Li-Ning. said...

y so senget wan ur stitching,gel?
;p

~anGeL~ said...

aik...kan i oredi said d pic is frm d last practice.i js did it fr d pic n d thread i used wasnt d proper thread.was sewing thread,those thread cnt hold wound togethr n it was loosey tied..so it moved.

Arlyne said...

Scrubs uses oranges to practice suturing! =)