Tuesday 14 April 2009

TATTOOS-A YES or A NO?

Good morning,people!*winks*Js woke up..hence,the morning greeting~ Js had my quiet time praying..and logged into my Facebook acc, only to find Ps.John Finkelde status: "my tatto post has even got Fletch writing poetry!" (Ps. John is an australian christian pastor residing in Perth and is one of the pastors of Christian City Church (C3) Hepburn Heights.) Whn I saw this, got me thinking this must mean that there's a blog entry in his website,rite?check out http://finkeldejohn.blogspot.com

So I visited his site and read bout the tattoo-entry. He wrote that he publish that post after reading an entry of a Singaporean pastor, the very famous Ps. Kong Hee from City Harvest Church, bout tattoos...found it very interesting.....check out www.konghee.com for more insights~



Tattoos??To get one or not to get one has always been my question.Are christians allowed to have tattoos? Have been questioning that for a long time now and am still thinking bout it. Is tattoing a sin?My dad thinks that getting a tattoo is not right and that a christian shudnt b gettin tatts. I think there are quite a number of parents who think so as well. Others think it's no biggie and it's okay havin them. And some don't even bother.


Personally, I think it's no harm for a christian to have tatts as long as those tatts aren't the kind that's "devilish-looking", "death symbols", "gangsta-looking" or any othr symbols that are obviously not "christian-like" for that matter. Tattoos are ways of self expression and also a personal reminder. Having that specific tatt has got to be meaningful. I believe that it's better we don't haf tattoos if its jus for the fun of it or js cz ur frens have them and you could show them off. And I reckon it's a BIG NO-NO if a gal/guy gets a tattoo for their othr half when they're not married,especially tattoos with the name of their bf/gf. What happens if the couple breaks up?Even worse if the breakup was ugly. That tattoo is definitely gonna remind u of that relationship u want to forget.And it will hurt. It's not that I'm sayin every relationship isn't gonna work out.Afterall,who can predict the future rite?I just think it's not that smart,is all. TATTOOS ARE PERMANENT(albeit removal with laser can be done bt are costly). THINK.PONDER.MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION.

With this, I bid u farewell, for now... =) What do you think bout tattoos?Feel free to leave your mark with comments.lotsa lurve~


psst...psst..me thinks me want to haf an "angel" word written like a shape of a heart or a small cross tattoo at me ankle and another at me right upper bck...*thinkin*



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tattoo eh... ? It depends on which country yer from, for Asian country, tattoo is been treated cold by the society and been labeled as "not-so-good" person but in western country, tattoo is been treated as a common stuff. Whether u hav it or not, is not really a big deal but how many ppl accepted tattoo in Asian country?

~anGeL~ said...

true though...that's why whtr onot havin a tattoo is accepted in your workline is important as well..thanx for d input =) it would b good though if the stigma of "all those with tattoo are bad" is tuned dwn a notch..

Raen said...

I think , in the case of Christians having a tattoo, it's alrite ~~ .. it is, afterall considered like an 'accesorie' to the body .. its' not like u're worshipping it bah kan . if u r then diff story lar! :P

afterall, tattoo on guys n piercings on their ears are hot :P

lyanne said...

angel! discovered yous blog when i was bloghopping. how r u?
methinks tatts are so common dis days dat nobody reli thinks of stereotyping anymore. anyways its not like its on our foreheads or sth lidat. so can cover up anytime appropriate =)
am gna link u in my blog if dats ok with u =)

~anGeL~ said...

raen:yeaps yeaps...hehhe js tot of writing thsi entry wif hope of makin sum ppl change their thought bout tattoos being bad..heheh hope i kinda did though..heehhe and yesh raenai,piercings and gud lookin tatts are hot on guys!!!hahahha bt i prefer guys wif nice tatts instead of piercings..hehhe as long as no worshippin thingy tatts.. =)

lyanne:hi babe!hahha yeaps...i'm bloggin again...after 5YRS!!revived..hehhe i'm good.so far so good.hehe well,yea..dats y i'm tryin to make a few to think bck not to stereotype this sorta thing...whtr tatts and christians r ok?hehhe np babe..link up!

thx for d comment u guys!

reeyau said...

i want a tatoo too.. but my mum will kill me. letss all do it together so our parents cant say anything. abahahaha... n btw, asians are so filled with tatoo thats its modernisation that makes ppl think that ppl with tatts are bad. look at all those people in the longhouses, those ibans n orang ulus. tatoos lived in borneo since we were even born.

Anonymous said...

It's purely a matter of whether you want it. After you've done that, do make your tattoo a statement :) Simple~

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel, Mum here. Great article. Yeah read Ps Johns & Ps Kong Hee's too! Thought provoking. Personally I like Ps Johns views. I don't think bad of people with tatts, but i would encourage all young people not to get Tatts & think seriously about it. They are a life time commitment!!
If you doing it as a fashion accessory, well fashions change.
When I was 19 I had purple & green died hair, wore a mini, mini leather skirt,boob tube, cowboy boots & chunky jewelry!! can you imagine me wearing that now!! No I can't !!
it would look hideous & would'nt look flattering!! (wish I could find a photo of me back then what a laugh !!) When you get older like me nearly 50!!! & have kids you look at yourself differently & your fashion calms down.
Can you imagine your Mum, Dad or Grandmother sporting tatts!!
Also the bible says that "we should'nt be a stumbling block to others". & If Asian culture is not that accepting of tatts then better not to get them , so we can be light to the world & show Jesus's light shinning through us.
"We are part of the world, but not In or Of this world"
Let's be different, follow God & not the crowd!!
Jesus made our bodies perfect & loves us just the way we are.
Food for thought.
Love Mum xxxx

~anGeL~ said...

FYI : the word "tattoo" originate frm "ta tau" frm the Polynesian, meaning "to mark".